The Ecoped - Ridomus system
ON THE GOOD SIDE
Protecting the environment and the people who inhabit it in order to contribute to the improvement in the quality of life without sacrificing the work which companies carry out in the research and innovation of new products and services which are extremely important in changing the models of relationships, information and communication. The Ecoped and Ridomus system is unique. The will of the members of these two primary national consortiums, brought them together to develop their own activity in response to the application of the
|decrees 151/2005 (Refuse disposal of Electric and Electronic equipment (EEE))||and||188/2008 (Battery and accumulator waste).|
Both the system and the individual consortiums guarantee the continued improvement in the services offered, produce clear benefits for society, prevent health and environmental risks, seek to implement the model of efficient reprocessing of natural resources through the reintroduction of salvaged raw materials in new productive cycles and obey the rules of social and environmental conduct.
The Ecoped - Ridomus consortiums were founded in 2006 as non-profit organisations in the National Association for Domestic and Professional Appliances (member of the ANIE federation and CONFINDUSTRIA).
A new model
From the attention to the dimensional characteristics of the phenomenon, "THE NUMBERS", to the binding regulations to improve the structural characteristics of the systems and as a consequence to the objective benefits offered to society, "THE QUALITY OF THE NUMBERS" to promote the concept of "Sustainable Consumption and Productivity". In this way we were able to create a model of prevention and control which, thanks to the development of traceability, guarantees the preservation and efficient use of natural resources to allow members and the market to reintroduce them into new production cycles.
Boasts membership of 400 producers, many of which are market leaders in the following sectors:
- Small domestic appliances (approx. 80% market share).
- Sport and free-time apparatus (approx. 70% market share).
- Hobby equipment (approx. 20% market share).
- Portable batteries (approx. 25% market share).
- Lead starter and industrial batteries (approx. 20% market share).
Is the National consortium for the recycling of air conditioners with over 60 members accounting for 60% of the air conditioning industry.
Ecoped - Ridomus:
€ 12,000,000,000 (12bn Euro) turnover
Categories of waste treated:
Refuse from electric apparatus including:
The credentials of Ecoped and Ridomus:
- Both are members of the WEE FORUM, the European association which since 2002 has united the most important no-profit collective systems in the member countries of the European Union.
- Were founded by a group of leading companies in the electric and electronic equipment industry in reply to the obligations introduced by decree 151/2005 concerning the management of electric and electronic refuse. This was followed by decree 188/2008 with which Italy enforced the European directive on the management of dead batteries and accumulators.
- Since 2009, they have guaranteed their members the correct management of battery, portable accumulator and lead battery refuse.
- Under the patronage of: Afidamp, Unacoma, ANIE and Assosport.
- October 2009, the quality control certificate (ISO 9001: 2008) was awarded by one of the most accredited International technical services, TUV Sud. This guarantees the correct management of refuse starting from the checks on the declarations made by the consortium members and the register of producers.